Sunday, October 26, 2014

Wednesday was the big day this week...

Chantel started back to work and Scarlett got to spend her day at our house with Grandma Hall (and Grandpa, Uncle Ben and Aunt Jena were there for parts of the time too.)  This was the first time that she was here without her parents (who we love dearly, too, of course).  It was so fun.

In getting ready for Scarlett's arrival, I had gotten a changing pad and diaper wipes and a couple of new rattles.  In addition, I washed these toys which I have been saving since Jena was a baby (Gary teased me about cleaning so many toys). No, we didn't have a chance to play with all of them.
But Scarlett loved looking at herself in the mirror...

Tummy Time
Uncle Ben played with her for about 25 minutes before her first nap and kept checking on her all day.

 

We played with toys, we read books including her new "Mouse's First Halloween", and rocked on the rocking chair outside on the deck.

Scarlett is one sweet baby and when it was time for her first nap, I wrapped her in her swaddle cloth, tucked her in our play-pak crib, gave her the binky and she went right to sleep.  About 30 minutes later, she started fussing so I went in to put her binky back in like Chantel had told me.  Scarlett was supposed to sleep about an hour.  However when  I walked in, she flashed the biggest smile ever at me.  She was cooing and smiling so much that there was no way to put the binky back in.  Nap over! I put her on the twin bed and she kept babbling and smiling away.

Would you put this baby back to sleep?
I don't think so.
Later in the day she went down for her afternoon nap.  Around that time I got a text from Chantel to see if she was doing okay and sleeping for me.  I sent her this cute picture of a sleeping baby.
 

Jena was excited that Scarlett was still there when she got home from school.  Jena took the picture of me with Jena and I took the one of her.


We loved spending our day with you, Scarlett, and we can't wait for you to come back again next Wednesday.  Scarlett has been having a special week as her Great-Grandparent Berenyi flew in to town from Florida for their first visit with Scarlett.  They are having lots of fun.

No comments: