Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sunday-Day Three

We attended Church with Todd's family and also went out to Driftwood Texas (yes, there really is a place called that) and joined their ward for their "Break the Fast" meal.  Every other Fast Sunday they gather for a pot luck dinner.  This time they had Texas brisket which was a nice addition for our Texas weekend.  It happened that the hosts had lived for 25 years in Hillsboro, Oregon and knew my Aunt Lois and Uncle Grant and many of their children and grandchildren.  It was so fun to talk to them about some of their memories of them.

We headed back to Todd's for afternoon naps, football, and games.


Giberson cousins playing games with Grandpa Giberson and Nana.  Jena had a big smile all weekend.  She loves her cousins.  Today we also got to see Lora and David the final two kids of my brother Todd's who we hadn't seen yet.  Rick and Linda had to head back to Grapevine for school and work the next day so they missed this game playing session.

Thus ended our Sunday.

Monday we headed over and picked up Todd who had taken the day off and headed to my brother Scott's house for the "serious" game playing.  I spent the day talking with my sister Valerie while they played their 4 hour game which my niece Sierra won (beginner's luck, she said).  In the evening more of us gather and we enjoyed  a great dinner of tacos.  Scott even cooked some corn tortillas just like our mom used to do when we had tacos as kids.  I didn't even know about flour tortillas until I was an adult.  Another sweet reminder of our mom.  I guess that is natural when you are hanging out with some of your brothers and sisters.

It was so sad to hug everyone good bye as we knew we won't see them for awhile.  I was so glad though that we had come and that they had come for this sweet time together.  I am so grateful to Gary who understands how important these times are for me with my family.  I miss them so much in between our visits.

As we were getting ready for bed on Sunday night, Jena said, "I am a Giberson, too."  That's right, Jena, part of you is a Giberson too.  I loved that she felt that this weekend.  Thanks to Scott and Sandy and Todd and Lea for being our great hosts.

We headed back home and back to school and work on Tuesday.  Life had piled up but it was all worth it.

No comments: