Sunday, July 6, 2014

Summer walks and summer skies

As Jena is preparing for Trek, I had this big plan on how we would walk every night to get her in shape.  Between her camps and my life, it hasn't gone as we planned but I did get some beautiful pictures from one of my morning walks and one of the evening walks with Jena and her friend, Meggan.  Have I mentioned how much I love Jensen Pond?

Morning walk after the storm passed by:

Skies to the west after the storm had stopped in Syracuse
The view to the east where the rain was hitting the mountains

This is currently my screen saver on my phone
I loved the colors and texture of the plants
This was one the same walk.
On a Monday evening, I dropped Jena and Meggan off at the 2000 West Roundabout one night and then drove down to Jensen Pond and walked up to meet them.  I think they enjoyed walking by themselves for a while.

On the bridge when the walk is done
Jena and Meggan Sparrow


Sunsets over the pond and out over the Great Salt Lake are breathtaking.  It makes me wonder why I don't set a buzzer and go outside every night just to watch it go down.

No comments: