Thursday, July 24, 2014

Trek Day 3

Actually it was Day 3 for Jena and the rest of the Trekkers, but Gary and I had a peaceful quiet morning at the campsite and then headed for home.  (I had forgotten the mayo for our lunch sandwiches and I was a bit anxious to find out if baby Scarlett had arrived so it was good to be heading home.) We had decided not to offer to bring kids home because we knew there were so many parents who wanted that opportunity to share a bit of Trek with the youth.  We felt blessed to have had a whole day.

They spent the day cleaning up and packing up.  Then they had several special activities including getting a Pony Express Rider bringing letters from home (parents had written letters for each of the kids), and a reenactment of the Sweetwater Rescue.  Eight of the young men carried in their arms the remaining 400 youth across a small patch of water.  They had some family time and some alone time in the trees.  There were some amazing pictures of this morning in the Trek video which is posted on my Facebook page.

On the other hand, we slept in, ate a nice breakfast, and took another walk through the trees.  We chatted with our friends the Denneys and then headed home.


Posing on a large stump in the camp ground


I noticed my shadow on the ground and thought it was a cool picture
Weird I know...

 If you haven't been in the mountains for awhile (attention all of my Texas family), enjoy!


Did I mention how beautiful the world is?

No comments: