Sunday, July 6, 2014

1/3 of summer done

It is hard to believe.  The summer is flying by.

We have already had Tosha's and my birthdays (Monday and Tuesday respectively).  Jena sang me a song for my birthday:

Jessica and Elessia gave me a stamp "From the Library of __________" which I am excited about since I plan to spoil all grandchildren with books (if that is even possible--who can have too many books read to them or in their possession?).  And I am officially getting ready to be a grandmother because I now have a "Pack and Play" for my grandchildren to sleep in at my house when needed.

I actually completed both baby quilts BEFORE they were born which was one of my goals for 2014.  Yeah!  I also have their "arrival gifts" ready now.  The final item arriving in the mail this week.

Jena has completed Camp K and her Fly Conference at Utah State.  This week she is heading off to Trek with our Stake.  She will be gone from Thursday through Saturday.

Gary and I have the privilege of heading up to Trek on Friday (actually Gary also gets to go on Thursday as he is driving a carload up to Trek.) to help with some trek activities on Friday afternoon and evening.  It will be good to see Jena and see how she is doing physically with the trek.  We are so excited for her.

My little contribution for the games is this pile of beanbags:

If you ever wanted to know what 36 bean bags looked like.
They also have a trek fireside on Sunday the 13th and then Jena is off again on the following Wednesday for Girls Camp.

Baby watch is really beginning in earnest now.  We got a bit of an early start because Chantel's midwife had indicated after doing the first internal exam that the baby was in position and some of the fluid was "bulging" which often suggests that the water might brake in the next two weeks and the baby arrive.  We tried to be calm for a few days but it was exciting news.  This week though everything was just the same so the midwife said that it might stay that way for another 3 weeks.  Oh, well, every day does get us closer to both Scarlett's and Niki's arrivals.  I resist the temptation to check on them everyday (and I have renew compassion for my poor parents.  No text, email or Facebook back then and phone calls cost money.  We didn't even call them until Jessica had arrived.  And an added historical note:  My grandparents found out about my birth by telegram.)

Jena goes to her first practice tonight for the Regional Youth Choir which will sing at our Cultural Celebration for the rededication of the Ogden Temple in September. That will keep her busy for the next nine weeks or so on Sunday nights.  What a great opportunity for her.

Looking forward to the next 1/3 of the summer of 2014--it promises to be exciting!!!

No comments: