Monday, June 23, 2014

Double Baby Shower


This was the invitation we sent out for our Hall Family Shower for Chantel and Tosha:




The back of the cute invitation that Jessica designed for the shower:


You’re invited to a ….
Double Baby Shower Open House
To Celebrate the Cousins-to-Be!!
When:  Friday, June 20, 2014
Time:  5:30-7:00 p.m.
Where:  Grandma Holly Hall’s backyard
2841 Bluff Road, Syracuse, UT  84041
Light supper will be served.
Chantel will be there in person for you to give all of your fun and practical “new mom” advice.
Unfortunately, Tosha will be in Oklahoma City and won’t be able to join us for the party but we will be sending our a “shower in a box” where we will include baby gifts, balloons, confetti, etc. so she can party in OKC!  Also, we will be “Facetiming: with her at 6:30 so if you want to say hi make sure to be there at that time!  Oh, and this is a surprise for Tosha, so don’t tell her.!!  J
********************
 
 
So as you can see we had the shower without one of the main people, Tosha, but it was fun and she was very surprised when we called her on Facetime.  I had sent an envelope to Austen with an invitation, some plates and napkins, a copy of the game we were going to play, some little plastic airplanes to put on top of their cupcakes and one little gift to unwrap.  I tried to get pictures of everyone who attended to send to Tosha later with the gifts but I didn't do a good job of that.  We held it in the backyard at Mom Hall's house.  We debated what to do as she had just gotten out of the hospital the day before, but we decided to proceed.  She was able to stay outside and visit for awhile and it was nice for many of the grandchildren to see her after her hospital stay.  I appreciated her willingness to have it there despite the adventures of the week.
Welcome to the shower
 
 
The Scarlett sign

Boy and Girl gifts

Baby Boy-Girl Banners



We also had a "Thank Heavens for Little Girl" bib hanging up as well

 I had these great plan to make cupcakes with Angie, Austen's mom, and decorate them with butterflies and pink frosting or blue with the airplanes.  WIth Gary's mom in the hospital that plan changed and I just bought two cakes and decorated them with the butterflies and airplanes.  They turned out fine and tasted great.


 

Scott hung around for a few minutes with Chantel's sister, Jessica

Nathan and Cynthia

Michelle Pessetto and Amy McNeill and her grandson, Casen

Austen's grandmother Russell

Missy and Taya

Amanda and Matt

Brianna and Emily and Nikki

Chantel opening presents

Chera with Halle and Aliyah

Scott and Chantel talking with Tosha and Austen
 Gary set up the wifi so that we could call Tosha from the outside of the house.  We all took turns saying hi.  Chantel and Tosha tried to compare their "baby Bumps" over the FaceTime but I am not really sure if that worked too well.  They both look great actually.  Very little swelling and cute baby bumps along with Missy who is due two days after Tosha.  They all look so darling.
A baby bird literally "dropped" into the party from a nest in a high
tree in the back yard.  We hope it made it back home.

Nana Giberson

Elessia and Jessica

Austen's mom, Angie

Aunt Vonette and Aunt Charon
 Others who came which I didn't get pictures of were:  Grandma Hall, Michelle Russell and her mom and grandma (Austen's step mom), Lizzy Russell, Austen's sister, Robin Berenyi, Chantel's mom, Debbie Woodrow and me.  We should have taken a picture of Tosha and Austen on FaceTime as well to add to our collection.  It was a beautiful night and not too many bugs before we were done.

Now we are going to mail these gifts off to Tosha to open.  We did open a couple of presents while on FaceTime with Tosha.  Jessica wanted to see her reaction to their gift which was a large airplane puzzle (made with large Lincoln log type of material) which Niki could actually sit on as a toddler.  Then Jena wanted her to open her present which was an outfit and rattle.  So of course I wanted to have her see the baby quilt I had made for Niki.

I didn't get the quilts completed done since we were at the hospital.  Scarlett's is almost completed done and I still need to do the binding for Niki's quilt.  Here are pictures anyway.


Niki's

Scarlett's
At first when I was looking for fabric, I was concerned about the colors which I knew that Chantel and Tosha were planning for the nurseries, but I couldn't find what I liked.  Then I decided that this quilt was from me--their grandma-to them as my grandchildren.  I decided that I could choose whatever I wanted.  Then it was fairly easy.  Niki is being named after a famous Formula 1 driver so I got a racecar print and added fun fabric to match it in strips like roads.  I choose chevron for the back because Tosha likes chevron prints.  And it just seemed right that Scarlett have a red quilt.  After some diligent searching I found a butterfly print which will work.  Scarlett's nursery has butterflies on the wall so I thought I would add that common feature.  I wanted them to share a common fabric since they are born the same year.  So they both have red with white polka dots. 

Now we are REALLY getting excited---four more weeks for Chantel and seven more for Tosha.  Tosha was born 4 weeks early so we will see how that trend works for Niki.


1 comment:

Robynn said...

Oh Judy, I LOVED coming to your grandbabies shower via blogland. What a fun, fun event. Thank you for sharing the pictures and all the fun decorations. Most of all I LOVED the quilts you made for these sweet new babies. Oh my goodness, what treasures those are and will be forever. Way to go Grandma Judy!!!!
SLY Robynn