Saturday, March 31, 2012

Backwards Walk

Last Tuesday, I dressed for my morning walk, drove the car pool, and then decided to run into work quickly to sign some reports I had written before my walk.  I ended up being at the office for a couple of hours, doing this and that, before heading to Jensen Pond for my morning walk.  So, it was around 10 in the morning by the time I got there and  the sun was right in my eyes as I faced east.  As a result,  I decided to cross the bridge and head south first.  This put me on the same walk that I usually take but going in the opposite direction. 

The reason that I have settled into going the clockwise direction is that I enjoy ending my walk by going across the bridge and watching the ducks and geese on the pond.  It is a perfect way to end every morning walk.  I am not the only one who has a "preferred direction".  I often see the same people going the opposite direction who greet me. So many of us are "creatures of habit".

However, walking in the opposite direction was great.  Things looked different from a different angle.  It was surprisingly refreshing.  I think that is a truth of life....things can look different if we try to look at things a different way or from a different point of view.

Give it a try...walk a different direction on your walks in life.

No comments: