Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Art....

not sure anyone really cares about my recent additions to my art collection but it is my blog so I can post what I would like for the few of you who really do care......

I loved my framed photographs I did for Valentines so I removed some old pictures on my family "hall"way collection and put them there to enjoy them a bit longer.


And today I hung my newest framed pieces of art.  This one is a free piece I got from the Plano TX tourism department.  It is quite clever as it is made from signs throughout the city which use Plano in their company name.

Some friends, the Hillams to be precise, have a collection of posters from places that they have lived.  I thought that was a fun idea so I got this one when I was in Plano last year.  I have a Hong Kong poster already.  Not sure what I am going to do about the several Utah cities that we have lived in but my next goal is to get one from Springfield, MO.

While in Hong Kong, I found a fun canvas of a city scene which I liked so I got it framed and hung today as well.

It was hard to get a good angle on the picture but it is an awesome market scene
from Hong Kong in all my favorite colors.

And, yes, it is in our small bathroom. 
I saw a large picture in a small bathroom in a couple of places and
liked the look of it.  This bathroom has other Asian items in it as well.
It looks great against the green walls......if you like green, anyway.

The frame is so great that I wanted to share it with you.
It was a bit different than I normally would pick but I love it.

Of course, they are much better in person, come visit for an afternoon and enjoy!

2 comments:

Valerie Ipson said...

I love the Plano poster. where did you hang it?

Judy said...

The Plano poster is hung on the wall at the bottom of the stairs across from the bookshelf. I didn't even know I needed a picture there until I got the Plano poster framed. The colors are perfect against the light yellow.

I am running out of walls but still need to get a few more city posters.