Monday, April 2, 2012

Temple Square

I planned to post these pictures before conference to "wet" your appetite for General Conference.  However time slipped away and I never got it done.  Nevertheless, here they are now.....I guess they can remind you of this past conference and all of the great talks that were given.

I was at Temple Square on Thursday to attend the Primary General Training (which was amazing and can or soon will be available to watch at www.lds.org under the Primary section.  If you are serving in Primary, check it out.)  I ended up going by myself as everyone else in the Presidency went Wednesday night but we had tickets to the Hale Theater that night.  I missed being with them but it was also fun to enjoy the meeting on my own and to enjoy the training and some time on Temple Square.

The Assembly Hall where the meeting was held

The temple through the trees beginning to "leaf"



Since the weather has been so warm in Utah during March,
the trees are in full bloom.  It almost looked like the trees
were lit up with tiny lights.

I had to post this picture in memory of my first calling in the Church. Soon after we moved to Texas, I was called to lead the music in junior Primary (back when it was held after school).  I was 16 at the time and not very musical. I still have a vivid memory of s Stake visitor coming to Primary on the day I was starting to teach "Little Purple Pansies".  I was very nervous. Afterwards, she spoke to me and told me that it didn't matter how well I sang or knew music, but if the children knew that I loved them..and that, she assured me, they did know. That has been an important advice for all my Church callings.

Facing to the east from in front of the temple,
this is the fountain in front of the Church Office building.
The Reflection Pond to the east of the Temple

 The gardens were filled with lots of varieties of flowers but a majority were purple this spring.  I love purple flowers so it was fun to see some many different types in the gardens.

The core of the training is to consider and discover the "Why" which will lead you to the "How" or "What should you do" of things.  The General Primary leaders are amazing.  Again check out the training.



No comments: