Saturday, January 9, 2010

Ramblings from a migraine mind

I am awake and feeling back to the life of the living after a two day-two migraines over past days. It has been the worse one that I have had for over a couple of years--not sure it it due to trying a new medication at the suggesting of the insurance company or just bad luck.  My treatment medication that I took before is jumping to top tier from the bottom tier in cost. Inbetween the head and the stomach pain, I try to mange the variety of possible medication options to reduce and conquer the pain and nausea and move back in to word of light and sound.

Anyway, I was nibbling on some saltines crackers asnd the cheap McDonalds hamburgers and sprite that i I use for these occassions along with some sprite.  Tosha was commented on my choices but these are the things that I have use for years during these times,  There is probaby a study that plain saltine crackers are the worse things to eat during a migraine *that is the way it is for me,,,what I like or do is almost always bad or unhelpful it seems....so my mind went on a little ramble about things I like that are not good for you--hambergers, pizza, peanut M&M,,,then I thought why don't I crave salmon or carrots (foods I actually like in the same way.)  Then the rambling that occurred  "We will always have the right to CHOOSE good,  We are not compelled to choose good because that is not the plan from our Heavenly Father,  Therefore, although we can get blessings for good choice, we will not develop addictions in the classic sense.  We choose good and through the choosing of good we become better at choosing good,  The choose is always there---to choose."

And there you have it----spoke through a recovering migraine brain.

No comments: