Tuesday, January 5, 2010

An example of a Monday.....

This is a journal type entry, but I haven't mastered that yet so I am putting it here.  (Nothing of note for current readers, but perhaps of some interest in a 100 years.  After all, your day was much the same as mine....if you are a mom of five kids.....):

Woke up at 6:00 because an alarm was ringing.  I finally figured out that it was my new work phone which for some reason thought it was supposed to go off on Monday at 6:00 am.   Went back to sleep.

Woke up at 7:15 a.m. instead of my planned time of 6:55 am. Apparently I turned off my real alarm during the mad dash to turn off the other alarm.  Of course, it is the morning that I drove the carpool for junior high at 7:45 and I had a home visit at 8:15 (in a dress, of course, for work).  A quick shower, breakfast, dressed and out the door for both Jena and I (no scriptures read this morning, of course).

Did the home visit which happened to be two streets away from the first house that Gary and I had built.

Went home for a quick few minutes to change clothes, eat some breakfast for real, and then to head out for a (10:30) doctor's appointment (new insurance and changes needed for some of my migraine medication).  Straight from the doctor to (11:00) Presidency meeting--15 minutes late and I had the spiritual thought  (see "To Acquire Spritual Guidance" by Elder Scott, p6, Nov. Ensign).  They did know I would be late.

Presidency Meeting was going on and I was in the middle of my spiritual thought when Gary called.  I picked up because will not call during Presidency meetings unless he has a good reason.  The school had called and Jena had started her period.  (11:30) Off I went to take care of that with clean clothes, etc.

Back to Presidency meeting where we planned the upcoming quarterly activity (Winter Quarters) and other Primary business  (1:00 done).  Walked outside and the Primary President and I began to continue our conversation about spiritual guidance and sat in her car in the driveway of the 2nd Counselor for an hour.

(2:15)  Got home and grabbed lunch and changed back into a dress.  Ben and I headed out to take him to a meeting in Kaysville.   On the way we stopped to mail some packages and ran into three sisters from out ward.  Fun conversations while Ben mailed his stuff.

(3:00)  Droppped Ben off and headed back to Layton to work.  I met with a birth mother and then headed back to get Ben at his meeting. (5:10) and then headed up.

(5:30)  Started dinner (nothing fancy) but got it done in time for Ben to eat with us before he left for work at 6:30.

Spend the evening watching the "TCU play Boise State" with visits from Scott with his roomate and then later Jessica with her roomate.  (8:30) Had a long phone call helping someone with social security questions.  Then (9:30)another longer phone call with Scott talking about life , love, and all the important topics.  Inbetween Jena worked on homework, watched the game with us, and watched Disney.

Bed at 11:00 after saying good night to Gary who actually had watch the whole bowl game. 

That is a day in my life...busier than some, but not that unusual.  Enjoy your days too.....

1 comment:

The Neerings Family said...

Okay, now I feel lame...see my post about our New Year with sick kiddos. At least I know what to look forward too as they get older!