Sunday, January 24, 2010

Around the "Halls" in 60 seconds....

During the week, I thought off and on of different things to write about, but now that I have time, I am not really sure what to write.  I will do an up-date first.

Gary and I got to help with the Rain Gutter Regatta this week.  Our Pack decided to do the "Soda bottle" boats this year.  Each scout and family member who wanted to race brought a sail with them to pack meeting.  Then they tape their sail on to a stick that was in a soda bottle (which contained a bit of sand as ballast).  Then the races begun.  Gary, being the clever one that he is, was in charge of setting the heats (we had six rain gutter race tracks.  He used an excell program and posted the times of each heat and randomally shuffled for the different heats.  It turned out great (and only one boy cried because he couldn't keep his boat moving fast enough).  Boys are such fun at this age (and other ages as well, of course.)  In a few minutes, I have to leave for the "Great To Be Eight" program.  We will have 14 new boys becoming Cub Scouts this year.  Fun times ahead........

Jessica continues with working at Head Start.  She has been seeing lots of movies lately and helps us figure out what movies we might want to see.  She and friends went to "Tooth Fairy" yesterday but we haven't heard the review yet.

Scott is not in school this semester.  All of the classes he needs required a math class so he is working on that only this semester and will be back in school full-time this summer.  He, Tosha, and Chantel are enjoying the scuba class (turned out Jessica couldn't take it because of some medication she is taking.  She and I will do it later.).  They will be swimming in "The Crater" in Midway, Utah, this week.  It will be their first real dive.

Ben is hangng in there.  He is working about 2 1/2 hours a day five days a week.  He spends a lot of time on the computer, buying and selling computer games.

Tosha is dealing with a cold this weekend.  She reported that she swam 80 laps on Friday.  That would send me to bed for days with sore muscles if I did that.

Jena is getting excited to get the wires out of her mouth in a couple of weeks.  I hope that everything is okay so that we can do it on Feb. 12.  We will found out on Feb. 2nd when she is x-rayed.

I am reading a biography of Thomas Jefferson.  It is very interesting expecially after just reading John Adams.  They were both brilliant men with totally different views of life.  It is amazing what was accomplished to establish our nation.  I have already gotten a book about Ben Franklin and one about George Washington.  (Great things about a Kindle...books at your finger tips.)

That is the summary of our lives at the moment. 

Hope you have a great week.

1 comment:

Gemie said...

Hi Judy, Gary and the Hall clan! It was fun to visit your blog! I hope this will let me leave a comment. My email is: gemiemartin@gmail.com It sounds like you are all busy. It seems like old times with Gary setting the heats for the cub scout races. What are your callings? I have been out of it the past seven months.