Sunday, November 1, 2020

Seven More Days

 until our mission was starting...and I had so much to do. 

While I was gone, we got more mail from the missionary department-That served as a reminder that this was really happening----more name tags.



I also got flowers from the Relief Society Presidency who stopped for a visit while I was in Texas.  I got to enjoy them a few days after I returned home, but was grateful for the picture Gary sent.

Although at first we thought we were speaking in Church on October 18th, the Monday I left for Amarillo, the bishop notified us that we were bumped to the following Sunday (October 25th) as they as a bishopric were being released on the 18th.  Now Bishop Allen who we have known for years and is one of our neighbors is our new Bishop.

We took a Sunday walk around the neighborhood in the beautiful fall weather.

and enjoyed the crazy Halloween decorations.  Some people go all out for this holiday.



My list mostly got shorter during the week because I started taking things off the list faster than I was actually completing things.  We did get some suits ordered for Gary, I did some house cleaning that I wanted to do, Gary did a huge amount of paperwork (and shredding) so we could finally get much of the stuff upstairs taken care of (or moved downstairs where it is still waiting to be put away.)

We did get the bed I had ordered for the "Grandchildren Guest Room."



I got some shirts ironed---

Starting to look like missionary prep around here---

We also got to spend some time with Jessica and part of her family  (Carter was not maintaining her O2 levels so Elessia and she stayed home.) swimming at Vonette's indoor pool.

Alex enjoying a unicorn cupcake--

When I stepped outside to grab something from our car, I was amazed at the change in just a week as the trees now have mostly lost their leaves--but the sky and the trees made a beautiful contrast although this photo doesn't due it justice.
An uncovered nest--
Zander enjoying the rocking horse that Gary K. made.
It was nice to get away and spend some time together before we started our mission.

It was a fast paced and busy week with talk prep going on in the corners of our days (and sometimes the nights!).


No comments: