Sunday, November 22, 2020

Our "Other LIfe"

It is an odd situation to be a full-time missionary and still be living at home with regular life all around you.  However, as I mentioned, I am grateful to not have to pack up and leave our house quite yet, because there are projects that need to be finished. We were able to do one of those projects during the weekend of the 13th through the 14th---move into the "Family History/Sewing/Exercise Room--we really need to think of a shorter title for this room.

Although I still need to hang pictures, arrange some shelves and get my whiteboard posted, here are some pictures of the finished room.  I love it and can't wait to use it to work on family history, do a quilt or two, and exercise  (well, not looking forward to that as much as I prefer outside walking, but the winter is coming to Utah.)

The famous scale from Grandma Hall's---
The boxes/totes at the end of the bed are photos and scrapbooks from Grandma Hall
As Gary took his parents' old desk, I got the Hong Kong special desk.  This desk costed us $25US dollars in 1987 and has an amazing adventure story with it.  I am so glad to have it here.
Tosha immediately commented about the chicken.  It has its own story from when I bought it in Okinawa in 2016 (I think).
Jena did most of this unpacking and sorting.  I love it.
Of course, what room is complete without books......these are mostly my "career" books related to family relationships, therapy, marriage, disabilities, Down syndrome, etc.

Closet doors are nice, too.
It was really a last minute decision to put this flooring in instead of the carpet.  I worried about "resell," but realized that we are likely to live here until we die so why did I care about resell---I should focus on what I was using the room for now.  I am so glad already. No more pins in the carpet.
And totes of our family stuff, Jena's scrapbook, and stuff from my Giberson family.  Somehow I am going to go through all of that stuff and write a family history, share some photos and clean out the stuff.  That is probably the project for the rest of my life.  Good thing that I am serving a mission in a place that encourages us to write our personal and family histories.  Perhaps I will make some progress on it.
I haven't worked on any projects---but I have dreams!!!!

And the next day, the first real snowfall!

But the kind I like where it melts off the sidewalks and roads and just stays on the grass.
Winter is really coming!

No comments: