Sunday, November 29, 2020

Being Grandparents---

is one of the best gigs...everyone will tell you that.  Gary and I have some competition in the department, however as Aunt Jena and Uncle Ben are "crowd" favorites as well.

On Thanksgiving, Zander's first words when I picked up their Facetime call was: "Where is Buncle Ben?"  He couldn't understand why Ben wasn't at our house.  As I mentioned, Ava is looking around for Jena on our facetime call on her birthday.

I am so glad that they love Jena and Ben because I know that Jena and Ben love them and I hope that they will have a special place in each of their nieces and nephews' lives.

Jessica did text me today that Alex grabbed her boots and came to Jessica for help so she could "go grams's house."  So one for Team Grandma!

Actually it is very humbling to see and feel their growing relationship with me and with us all.  I loved my Grandma Owen but going to her house was much more about playing with all of my cousins than really building a relationship with her.  Part of it is the work that my children do to promote and encourage our relationships.  They Facetime, send pictures, and talk about us even though we are apart.  I am so happy to be in this part of life and look forward to the future of being their main cheerleader as they grow.  Send your ideas of what to do as a mostly long-distance grandma especially during Covid.

No comments: