Sunday, July 23, 2023

What Else Do We Do As A Senior Missionary Trio?

So when we are not preparing lessons, preparing food, attending meetings, playing games with the young adults, going to baptisms, supporting the young missionaries...........................

Gary:  He mainly works on adding some grave markers to Billion Graves and then adding them to familyserach.org and trying to make sure they are tied to their parents, siblings, and other family members.  He basically takes their family lines forward as much as possible to make it possible for their live descendants to find the information easily and to have accurate information.

He has also done research on membership records for the Ft. Smith ward to help with a need there. He handles the computer work for our institute classes, marking attendance, etc. 

Jena:  She makes cards and notes for birthdays and other reasons for young adults or missionaries here or away from us.  She also helps a lot with laundry and household tasks such as sweeping.

Me:  I do the typical household things which are easier in a small apartment.  I feel like I go to the store every other day in preparing food for different events plus feeding us.  I try t support Ben and his treatment team. In my free time, I read books--some silly mystery books that I like and others are non-fiction books about local history.  I recently finished one about the Trail of Tears and waiting for one to arrive about the Butterfield Trail (history of the stage coach in the area).  I am also sorting and cleaning out my digital photos with plans to write some of our family history pre-blog time.

Together, we watch movies and favorite old sit coms, enjoy road trips, and are silly.

We took time this week (mostly Gary) to do this Father's Day puzzle.


We lead a fairly simple life and while it can be a bit lonely at times for me, it is also refreshing and peaceful and brings us a lot of joy.

No comments: