Sunday, July 2, 2023

The Journey Home

from Bentonville to Ft. Smith is fairly straight shot directly south and a bit west.  It is a beautiful drive from I-49, but if you turn west towards Winslow and the Devil's Den State Park, you get more rolling hills and green countryside.....enjoyable even wearing missionary clothes, although we opted not to take any trails!


Heading into Devil's Den State Park....

This is a view point built in the 1930's.  



A beautiful trail but in Church clothes, it didn't seem wise to try it out this time.

Crossing the Arkansas River from Van Buren--the train bridge to the west....
Hopefully no one ever counts the number of pictures of bridges, green tree lined roads, and wildflowers that I put in the blog....Gary already teasing me about the number of overall photos I have each year in the printed version of the blog! I am sure there are more pictures of flowers than he would like to "pay" for each year.  Oh, well.  My mom would love those pictures best of all...well, except compared to pictures of my kids and grandkids.  That would be her top favorite!
 

No comments: