Sunday, January 9, 2022

What I didn't Get To Say In Sunday School Today!

We have a very unique situation in Sunday School since our entire class is full-time senior missionaries.  Sometimes, it is more productive to listen to their comments than make one of your own.  So instead, I will share my response to:  "What is one of your favorite verses in today's reading?"  (It was Moses 1 and Abraham 3)

That would be Abraham 3:19 for me (although Moses 1 is one of my all-time favorite chapters of scripture):  It reads: 

And the Lord said unto me: These two facts do exist, that there are two spirits, one being more intelligent than the other; there shall be another more intelligent than they; I am the Lord thy God, I am amore intelligent than they all.

That is how well our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ know us as human and mortal beings.  They knew they had to remind us that they ARE more intelligent that us all! Sometimes as I am praying or when I am pondering and find myself laying out my "preferred" outcome, blessing, or whatever, this scripture comes to mind and it reminds me to step back and look for the direction from a loving God who truly knows so much more than me.

Earthshattering knowledge this is not.  But I find it a helpful reminder to me.  Maybe I am the only one.

No comments: