Sunday, January 31, 2021

The End of January 2021

It seems like time is whizzing by!  Keeping busy and staying out of trouble--I think that is a saying used by Gary from time to time.  Missionary work of any kind does that for you.  I wish I could tell you the amazing stories shared by mission presidents.  This past week we interviewed two of them.  I think that I have mentioned this before, but I am struck by their personal stories of revelation to them.  They all feel familiar because these are ways that Heavenly Father talks to me as well.  I know that God lives and knows me personally and in His interactions with me, I feel His love and guidance.  It happens that way for mission presidents and I imagine it happens that way for you as you learn to listen to His voice.

We made a trip to Salt Lake for a couple of meetings--masks and social distancing like always.

This is our actual office/cubical on the 2nd floor.

Views out the window...
Historical time to be in Salt Lake to see the changes as they work on the Salt Lake Temple....
This was filled with boxes last time we were here.  The interns have been working hard to process donations.
This photo was taken through the class into one of the reading rooms on the first floor.  That is the desk that was used by James Talmage as he wrote Jesus The Christ in the Salt Lake Temple.  Now that I have finished reading The SAINTS volume one and two, I have started Jesus the Christ as the next book I planned to read during my mission.  I read it once in my 20s....I think it is about time to read it again.

Saturday I had to drive to Utah county to drop off a package for Ben then go to Mapleton to drop off a baby quilt for Ezri to be machine quilted (because why not have a talented friend do it.) and so I planned ahead and got cupcakes for a porch visit with these cute kids.  We haven't seen each other in person since Christmas so it was fun to see them--even if it was just for a few minutes.
Ezri didn't make the porch visit but here she is.  She recently began social smiling which is always a fun stage.  She doesn't get as excited for Facetime as her older siblings.

Add in running Jena to her places of service and us attending meetings, training new missionaries to our zone, doing research, writing time stamps, and making phone calls and sending emails to our zone, that pretty much sums up our week.

Hope you are having a great week as well!

No comments: