Sunday, July 19, 2020

Willard Bay- Lake Day

 Nothing like sleeping in and then enjoying a family breakfast outside (Okay, well, it was Jena, Scarlett, and I that enjoyed the sleeping in--Jessica and Elessia were up with the sun with their four little ones.)

After Ben and Gary arrived, we headed over to Eagle Bay where we met Scott and Chantel and James and we spent a fun day playing in the water, eating, and playing some more.
The water was much warmer than the ocean was a few weeks ago.
Lunch at the beach---sandwiches, watermelon, chips, and cookies--about as traditional as you can get.  (So nice to have the RV to keep things cold and to prepare the food in.)






Alex and Uncle Ben spent a great deal of time working on their sand castle.


Zander
James
Nice thing about an RV is that nap times can be taken in the cool of the RV.  That is one of the reasons that I wanted to get an RV.  I can remember when our kids were little and Gary's parents had their RV.  It gave a place to keep the milk, take naps, and cool off in the middle of camping vacations and fun.  Even just having a place to change a diaper that wasn't on the ground was so nice.  I am glad that we can share that with our children and grandchildren.
Alex with Aunt Jena's hat
More swimming shots---
Except for eating, I think that Liam was almost always in the water--very much like his mom when she was little.

Zander
You can see Zander riding on this tube in the lake, but I neglected to take a picture of the tube when it was blown up.  We have had this tube for a very long time.  We actually had two of them, but one finally "died."  I am actually not sure how old this tube is, but both Jessica and Scott smiled and made a comment when they saw it.  It probably has gone to camps with them as well as other trips to lakes.  Some of our kids and grandkids have been on it in the snow. It is funny how something so simple brings with it memories.  I don't know for sure but I think we got these in Texas for a vacation and they have been around ever since.  We have definitely gotten our money's worth out of them.
We started leaving the lake around 6:30 and found the pavilion packed with nests with little baby birds.  Scarlett got a lift by her dad to see up close.

I used my zoom on my camera instead----

I love that my grandchildren (and their parents) stop to notice and enjoy the creatures and beauties of the world.....maybe one thing that we have passed on from our parents and grandparents before us!

PS--Gary and I and Carter were actually here on the beach, in the water, having fun, but I don't have pictures of us.  We had fun, too, and I have a sunburn to prove it. (I apparently need a mother to put sun lotion on my shoulders and back.  For the record, I did bring it down to the beach, but misplaced it.  It was later found as we were heading out in the cooler in the sack with water bottles. Too late then.)

PSS- Note to self, I need to remember to take group shots of the grandchildren when we are together.  I love the random pictures of me with my cousins, even if we aren't all looking the same direction or smiling. Next time---

No comments: