Sunday, July 19, 2020

New Walks

Since I was already further east than I normally am in the morning, I decided to take a different path to walk after my Covid-testing.  Gary and I have ridden our bikes along this trail, but this was my first time walking.

I started off at Hill Field Road and headed mostly north...

This trail actually goes from one end of Davis County to the other--north to south.
As you know, I like bridges so took a picture of this little bridge a homeowner built over the gully to their backyard.
I ended up under Antelope Island which gave me a walk of just over 1 1/2 miles one way.  Compared to Jensen Pond trails, there were very few people on this trail which was nice, but it had almost no shade.

...except for the road itself.

Variety is nice and I think I will probably go the other direction some day this week.

The week was filled with non-traditional walks---Willard Bay on Monday and Tuesday, Lagoon on Wednesday, walk around the nearby elementary school on Thursday (due to still having a headache, I thought I should stay close to home), and then the Train trail on Friday.

Saturday I was back at Jensen Pond for the first time this past week and even there I got to go on a new part of the trail that just opened this week.  Due to recent upgrades on Bluff and Gentile Roads, the path was extended further south to the junction of those two roads....

..where they are adding a roundabout.....
...definitely no shade, not even weeds yet along this new addition.  It added about .5 miles to the trail.
But you know me---I like to go on a new piece of trail/path/road!

Seriously, exercise is very important and there are lots of great ways to do it.  Try them all and keep doing them throughout your life.  Your body will thank you.  But walking in the mornings--it is one of the pleasures of my life.  I can't believe that I skipped so many years of doing it when I really see so many benefits of it.  I am grateful for this space in my life where I can often walk an hour a morning...just me.  Try it, you might like it!

No comments: