Sunday, July 19, 2020

Wednesday- Lagoon Day

In planning their visit to Utah, we decided that Wednesday was a good day to go to Lagoon, so we made the required reservations (and discovered that July was health care worker appreciation month so Scott and Chantel got a discount on their tickets-win!) and met at the park for some more traditional summer fun.  Not surprising, going to Lagoon during a pandemic is awesome because there are almost NO lines and not many people.  What could be better than that?  (Well, cooler temperatures would have been nice. But for our AZ family, 90s are doable compared to their frequent 100s days.)

First stop was the fountain---



 

Then off to the rides----




I joined Scarlett in the tea cup ride. 
On to a roller coaster ride with Jena
Gary and Scott ready for Blast off---or was it the Re-entry side???
The updated Ferris Wheel---
 And the now "Infamous" Paratrooper Ride----
This is not one of my favorite types of rides because it is so slow to start and stop.  People have to get on and off one or two cars at a time and the rest of the people are left swinging in the air and moved for short distances backwards and forwards.



Well, James loves the ride when it was going around and around--but not a fan of staying still and short moves back or forward.  He was getting pretty anxious to get off by the time it was our turn to disembark.  I helped him off first and then stood up and off AND right into a beam.  Since I was wearing my ball cap I didn't even see it at all, so I knocked my head hard enough that I fell back and landed on my backside with my legs twisted up under me.  I am fine, but it took my breathe away and left me with a headache, ringing ears,  and feeling a bit off.  After sitting for a bit, I decided that heading home was a wise choice so Gary and Jena ran me home and then rejoined the other Halls later.  Sometimes, it is wise to do the smart thing even if you miss out on some fun.

It is funny about things like this--when accidents  happened, you remember things like they happened slowly even though it all went very fast. I clearly remember the sound that my head made against the ride and falling. I remember making a quick check and realizing that nothing was broken or bleeding and then thinking this is so embarrassing to fall in a kiddie ride at Lagoon....hopefully no one got it on film.  Quickly after that, I remember seeing Gary's face of concern and then hearing Scott's voice as he reached from behind to help me up.  (Gary told me that Scott had leaped the fence to come to help me.)  It was the feeling of Gary and Scott helping me up and talking to me that I will remember the most.  These are two of the people that I love most in life and it was a sweet moment to feel that love intensely from them even when my head was pounding.  Not that I don't feel loved by them all of the time, because I do.....it was just a vivid display of that love in that moment.  I am not sure if I explained that well. Summary-- Even in a hard moment, the sweet things are felt and treasured.

Scott and Chantel and family spent some time at Laguna Beach where Gary and Jena found them when they returned.


The Merry-go-round----



They headed back to their other grandma's house and Gary and Jena did a few more rides including the train before they came home.

All in all, a fun day for Scarlett and James and that was what a trip to Lagoon is all about. Maybe next time I will last the whole day!!


No comments: