Sunday, July 19, 2020

Covid-19 Testing- Negative!

On top of the normal "joys" of having a colonoscopy, in 2020, you must take a Covid-test beforehand.  So Friday morning at 7:30 am, I head over to a location in Layton to be there before it opened at 8:00.  When I arrived at 7:45, I was about the 20th car in line.  Luckily I had a book to read.

About 8:00, a guy skateboarded up to my car window and gave me a flyer with a phone number and told me to call to register at 8:12.  He was wearing a ID tag so he was legit despite the skateboard and his casual dress.  It took about an hour to actual get to the tent for my test.

The nasal swab test is as "fun" as everyone says, but it only lasts 15 seconds or so, then you are off again.  The line behind me only grew during the hour I was in line so I was glad that I had taken Gary's advice to go early and get it done.
Unlike Gary, my restrictions were only to stay at home as much as possible and wear a mask outside of your house.  That has made my weekend easier than Gary who stayed mainly in our basement.  As I write this, I am in the middle of my "only liquids" day but haven't started the medication yet.  Hopefully, future descendants, they will figure out a better way to check colons for polyps and cancers for you. 

Oh, well, this too shall pass!

No comments: