Wednesday, July 8, 2020

WHAT HAPPENED INSTEAD

Sunday night (June 28th--when I had been planning to be in Richland), I said to Gary, "My calendar is free this week so do you want me to work and be productive or are we going to play all week?"  He didn't give me a direct answer, but mentioned that we should take each day as it comes.  He asked me if I wanted to fly to Seattle, but I wasn't sure that the cost would be reasonable.

Monday morning he suggested that we reach out to his sister, Vonette, and her husband and see if they wanted to play games up at their home in Eden.  That sounded great and it looked like "playing" was going to be the theme for the week.

Before we left for Eden, Gary asked me again if I wanted to fly to Seattle to visit Tosha.  He had already checked prices and felt like I should do it.  Prices were more than I usually had spent, but the idea of surprising her was very enticing--and with a little convincing from Gary, we got on the computer and booked me a ticket for the next day.  I reached out to Austen and he was so excited to be part of the plan.  So new plans were made..............

Then we headed up to Eden for an afternoon and evening of game playing and eating yummy tacos.

It was a pretty drive and very green up in Ogden Valley where they live.  We had had a bit of rain and very cool weather throughout northern Utah and the clouds were pretty around the mountain tops near their home.


We got home around 8 and I started into the whole packing/cleaning/ and grocery shopping stuff I do before a trip.

I then flew to Seattle, surprised Tosha, celebrated her birthday and then my birthday, and did lots of fun things with them including going to the ocean and flew home on the 4th of July.  It was a great trip and I am so glad that I went.  (And don't worry there are posts with pictures of the fun we had.)  It wasn't the trip I had planned, but it was perfect for the time and the most important thing--time with Tosha and her family-- did occur.  My trip down memory lane in Richland, Washington, will happen another time.

And certainly, this is another example that money spent on experiences is well-spent!  (And one of the best 65th birthday gift that I could have!  Good job, Gary!)

No comments: