Sunday, July 19, 2020

Less Green, Still Beautiful--

Western Washington is a lush and very green place with lots of amazing bodies of water, but Utah is beautiful in its own way as well.  Everywhere has its own claim to beautiful things, although some places it might be a little harder to find (as I have mentioned--Richland, Washington, is not the garden spot of the world, but made up for it by being the best backdrop for growing up in the 1950s and 1960s.)

Views along my walk this week--


My side yard had its first sunflower bloom of the year---
Definitely an overachiever standing about 18" taller than the rest of the sunflowers.

My second "peace" rose bloom of the season---  I get only a few blooms and lots of stem growth on this plant each year so I try to appreciate the blooms when they appear.

Hollyhocks coming into their prime bloom season....

What is that saying?  "Grow where you are planted."  It applies to plants, but also to us.  So glad for the different places that we have called home and the many other places that we have been privileged to visit. All of them have contributed to my growth as a person and I know more adventures are ahead.

No comments: