Sunday, December 24, 2017

Tender Mercy #???

I know that I have used that title before and I should really keep track, but the tender mercies in my life from my Heavenly Father are too numerous to count, much less record all of them.  This is just one tiny little example.

I work 36 hours a week, but I do it by taking one day off each pay period.  This allows me to do doctor's or dentist appointments, etc., which are in Davis county and have some daylight hours to do things at home.  Every day so far as been packed with things, but I hope in the future to really be able to do things around the house.  Usually, I take the second Friday and the last Wednesday off of each month.  Back in October, when I was planning my schedule, I kept thinking that I should take December 13, a Wednesday off, rather than the 15th.  That really didn't make sense so I just kept the options open.  Finally I had clients who wanted the Friday appointments, so I blocked off the 13th and made plans to complete my Christmas shopping on that day as well as help Gary's mom and sisters prepare for the upcoming Hall party (I warned you there were more parties.)

Then Tosha came in town and when the day of the funeral was set, it was set for Wednesday, the 13th--a day I had "cleared" so I was available to watch the boys so that Austen and Tosha could attend the funeral and feel the spirit there without two little tiny boys.  And, as a bonus, Chantel needed some help with Scarlett and James for an hour so I watched the four of them by myself for an hour...and we all survived, but for oblivious reasons, I have no photos from that!  Cousin time was good.

That night, when the house was quiet again, I was so grateful for that little feeling to hold that date.  I could have taken the day off, rescheduled my clients and my other assignments which I would have had on a typical Wednesday, but I didn't have to and for that, I am thankful.  Celestial time management--it is perfect when I listen!

No comments: