Sunday, December 31, 2017

A Pause

...for Christmas shopping..............

We had really had a great time attending these Christmas shows and parties, but it didn't allow a lot of time for the traditional Christmas gift shopping.  I had done some online and had already finished most of it for everyone except I was struggling with gifts for Ben, Jena and Gary--the very people I was spending Christmas with.  Early in the month, I knew that I had very few days to actually go shopping and the 20th and the 21st were those days.  I arrived there still with no good ideas for Ben and Jena.  I was struggling to even find the right pjs for them.  I had luck finishing Gary's shopping, got the pjs, but had not idea what to do to finish shopping for Ben and Jena.  I actually got home Thursday night quite discouraged about the whole thing.

As I complained to Gary, he told me not to worry, it would work out.  And it did...with his help.  He was able to get three excellent ideas for gifts from Jena (who had not given me any great ideas all season) and he was able to buy them for me on Friday while I was at work.  He reminded me of an idea we had for Ben and we decided to go with it so he ordered it online.  Christmas came together becasse Gary stepped in and helped me get the final details done.  Have I mentioned what a great husband I have?

Just in time, because Saturday, December 23rd, our next adventure began.

No comments: