Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christmas time at the Little Free Library

I posted the library lit up for the season, but I wanted to show you the inside of it as well.  I gather some of my random Christmas books and added them to the shelves.  We also got Christmas bookmarks to share with our readers. (Don't worry.  Those of you who are on our Christmas list should get a bookmark in your Christmas card...which haven't been sent yet, because we are waiting for one more thing before they are complete.)
In the past few years, I have been reading random books centered at Christmas time but not really Christmas themed like mysteries, etc.  Of course, I also have some traditional titles as well and several short stories which have been published in small book form.  One is actually a collection of short Christmas stories written by my neighbor, Kaye Volk.  Fun to have her book in our library although it has been borrowed last time I checked.

I love our library and books.  I came home one day last week after our first real snow storm and saw adult foot prints in the snow from the curb to the library and back.  I wanted to get a picture but it was too dark and they had melted before I had a chance to capture them.  It made me happy to see them.  The next day, Gary found a snow covered box of books donated to the library on our porch.

We have had several book donations this month and donated two totes of books to Davis Behavioral Health to share with their clients in their waiting room.

Hopefully, you have been reading Christmas books this season.  Happy Reading!

No comments: