Sunday, October 16, 2016

The week after....

my "very busy" couple of months.....

included the normal things like school, homework and house work and (unfortunately) a migraine on Friday which took most of my weekend.

But Wednesday was a fun and eventful day.

I spent the morning on a beautiful fall day with Liam at the Hogle Zoo.  It is so fun to go to the zoo with one little person because then you only have to go his pace and if he wants to go up and down the stairs at the Tidal Pool exhibit, no one complains (well, after about 6 times up and down, my back complained a little so we moved on).  The weather was perfect and Liam loved walking all over the place.

Some pictures:


This Lion water foundation has been in the park
(or one just like it) since before Jessica was born)
So of course, I had to get a picture of him standing by it.
 Our selfie at the highest point on the path at the zoo:


 This is a gorilla statue.  For some reason, Liam immediately tried to climb into it to "sit" in the arms of the gorilla.  I assumed he was used to it when going to the zoo with Jessica and Elessia but they said that he always avoided that statue.  There were some kids being posed in it when we came by it, so maybe he was trying to copy the big kids.  He definitely wanted me to take some pictures of him.
 Playing "peek-a-boo" behind a tree.

This was the beautiful site as I came out of the zoo.  Jessica and Elessia had met me and taken Liam and I was heading home but I stopped to get a picture of the fall colors on the mountain......
 Then this was my next shot--
Yes, a flat tire.  So I called Gary to come and fix it (no matter that he was 45 minutes away) and of course, he came.  Now to be perfectly clear, I know somewhat how to change a tire and have changed two tires by myself over the course of my lifetime.  However my hands no longer have that type of grip and strength and I know it.  And it turned out that this was definitely a two car repair.  For some reason the jack and wrench were not in the car anywhere so we had to try down and buy some replacement ones (thank heavens for Google Maps) and then come back and fix it.

I have a good husband who didn't even tease me about calling him to fix my flat tire.  Then the next day he kept the car and went and had the tire put back on and washed and vacuumed my car.  Now that was way beyond the call of duty---but so appreciated!
He is the best.

No comments: