Sunday, October 2, 2016

"A Few of My Favorite Things"

This was the theme of our Relief Society Activity last Wednesday night for the Barber Acres Ward.

It started with the treats--a table full of people's favorite things--popcorn, vegetables and dip, salsa and chips, cookies, cupcakes, donut holes, swedish fish, chocolate bars of every mini kind, etc. It was darling.

Then we had a song "My Favorite Things" which was sung by Katie Graham.  She took the original song but changed it to reflect some of her favorite things.  It was so funny and perfect.  Then Sherry Miggins spoke about being strong women for ourselves, our families and the world.  It was great as well.  She is a good speaker and one of the people I really admire.  Then we all shared some of our favorite things.

I shared:
"a tiny globe" and the book "Path Between the Seas" because I love to travel and to read books about places I am going or have been

a sign with the quote "The Beach Feeds My Soul" and the book "The Gift of the Sea" because I love the ocean and the beach.

A picture of my family and a text book called "Family Treatments" because not only do I love my family but I am passionate about all families and the right for every child to have a family who loves and cares for them so much that I have gone back to school to help families more.

Then I pointed out that there was another theme--I love books so much that I am going to have my own Little Free Library and I showed our sign!



WHAT ARE YOUR MOST FAVORITE THINGS???

No comments: