Sunday, October 9, 2016

Ahhhh..........

Those are the sounds of me relaxing.  I made it to October 9.  You know it is going to be bad when back in the spring you look at your calendar and know that between August 31 to October 8th, your life is going to be a bit nuts and almost every moment feels like it is taken with something.  You have seen the days zoom by as I have written about them as they happened--the starting of school, my three day a week internship which started off with 7 days of training in the first two weeks, Buddy Walk and other UDSF responsibilities, getting Jena's school started and on track, and the list goes on. Then as an additional bonus, having Ben down in Provo which adds a bit of driving to our weekly schedule.

Back in May, I committed myself to use the two week break in August from school to "get everything ready in the house" right before all of the craziness started.  It seemed to me to be the best strategy to try to get a running start on the chaos.  Instead I had a kidney stone and spent 10 days being sick and miserable. Now looking back on it, I think that worked out for me.  I truly rested (well, if you think being sick is restful) and did nothing for that time.  But when I started feeling better, I was so happy and relieved that I felt like I could do anything I needed to do.  Instead of dreading the next 7 weeks, I felt like I do doing anything now that my body felt well. My attitude about it was different and I have really enjoyed the things over the past weeks.  It was busy but not overpowering.  I stayed up late a few times, but I was able to feel (for the most time) a sense of being in control and okay.  And I have had fun.

Of course a huge part of this is that Gary and Jena have really taken over tasks around the house at even a higher level.  Gary manages the vacuuming and keeping the yard and kitchen under control. He has always been relaxed about dinner and manages the easy meals I throw together or takes care of feeding the two of them when I am not home. Jena takes care of her room and bathroom plus is watchful of the laundry and will fold and put it away even without being asked.  Those tasks are the things that can weigh on me when I am busy. It apparently takes a whole family for mom to be in school.  THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

No comments: