Sunday, March 29, 2015

Thank heavens for Sundays

I read a Facebook blog post by Jack Canfield where he talked about managing time to accomplish things (some useful others not so much).  He talked about a concept he learned from a professor--"There are three types of days that you need--(my words) "accomplishment days", "Odds and Ends days" and "24 hours off" days."  That shouldn't surprise us as Latter-day Saints because our Heavenly Father put such a day in every week.  Now, I know, like you do, that Sundays can be very busy and hectic. but it is in a different way.  I am so glad to have a day that I don't worry about school work, UDSF business, and other regular day stuff.  I can think about other things--of my family, my faith, and the hope and joy that life brings.  It is a day to walk around the neighborhood, eat popcorn and watch a movie (and get to hear Jena's laugh at the funny parts.)  It is not carrying my phone around unless I want too.

And it means sleeping in (1:00 Church) and sometimes naps in the late afternoon1

I need that...every week.  Thanks.

No comments: