Monday, March 9, 2015

Ideal High

It isn't often that your sister has her young adult novel published.  It was great because the Monday that we were there, 225 copies were delivered in preparation for her book launch party on the following Saturday.  We documented the event.




The boxes
I had already began reading her "proof" copy but I was excited to be the first one to buy one from the box and get it signed by Valerie.  Our nephew Niles Giberson, who is graphic designer, did the cover for her.
 

I read it on the plane and finished the book that night we got home because I needed to see how it ended.  Yes, it is that good.  You can order it on amazon.com either in print or for the kindle.Ideal High by Valerie Ipson

While I was reading the book on the airplane, Jena leaned over and said, "That is very special that Aunt Valerie's name is on every page."  That's what happens when you are an author.

The Saturday after we were in AZ, Valerie had her book launch party at a Krispy Crème Donut shop (there is a donut shop in the book).  We couldn't make it back to Mesa, but I picked up some donuts and we had our own party at home that day.



Speaking of books, Valerie showed me a book she had recently gotten:



This book has famous people choosing their books for each of those categories listed on the front.  I just want to have the book because it looks so awesome.  It reminded me of a few years ago when I came up with my list of favorite books which now sit together on a shelf in my house.  What books would you choose in those groups?  I will have to give it some thought which might not happen until after my group Lit review is turned in next week.  Right now human trafficking is on my mind---well, not right now--I am trying to catch up on my blog while watching the BYU-Portland basketball game.

No comments: