Monday, March 9, 2015

Sanitation Fun

Yes, it can be fun--talks about pandemics, toilets, and garbage--a bingo game with prizes and pie---and an assembly line to put together sanitation kits.  Of course what made it fun was the fun people who came and share the evening together.

I couldn't have done it without Gary.  He is the one that made the trip to Wal-Mart to pick up 25 20 lbs. containers of kitty litter.  He couldn't believe how many comments he got.  One person said he must have had a lot of cats--Gary replied, "No just one!". Someone asked if he had a tiger.

Unloading the kitty litter

Waiting to be assembled
I have to say that adults are much faster than
similar projects with the Primary or YW/YM.
Gary thought he was very clever when he set up the toilet seats on these chairs prior to our event.  I took a picture and posted it on Facebook to remind people in my ward about the activity.  A couple of people made comments and I replied that Gary told me if I wanted people to actually come I should have taken pictures of the pies we were having for dessert.  One of my friends commented "cow pies?".  I didn't get it and just replied, "No, just toilet seats."  Later another friend said "Score one for Suzie".  Later that night when I was home, I finally got it!  Only excuse is that I was very busy---I think myself as being clever but I did totally missed that one.

Facebook picture
Stuffing the luggable loos

Doing the personal hygiene kits

Cutting ribbon for another emergency prep
project
Filling bags with part of the sanitation kits!
In case of emergency we now have 30 more luggable loos and "stuff" in our neighborhood...in case you need a place to go.

Adding garbage bags to fill the luggable loo
Most important thing I learned---you can't have too many garbage sacks in an emergency.



No comments: