Monday, April 6, 2020

My One-liners From Conference

Saturday evening I couldn't sleep for some reason and so I went through and pulled out some of the "one-liners" from conference that day.  These are not the direct quotes but my notes of things that seemed extra noteworthy for me.  Then today I did the same for Sunday's notes--although, if truth be told, after the Syracuse, Shanghai, and Dubai Temples were announced...most of the rest of the day flew out the "window" as they say.

Saturday:

"What offering are you giving the Lord after this conference concludes?"

"Use personal revelation to decide what to focus on today."

"Write down the spiritual defining moments of your life.  Share them."

"What message is God sending just for me?  How do I hear Him?"

"The gospel is the  CAUSE  we need to be a part of at this time of the world.

"Every breath needs to be a prayer..."What would you have me do?"

"He has a plan for your service."

Sunday:

"Seers have seen our day from the beginning of time."

"Elijah has returned!"

"We become "one" people by the making and keeping of temple covenants."

"We don't know WHEN the Savior will come, but I do know that we need to be prepared."

"He is the light, we just need to point the light for others.  Who needs the light you have?"  (The whole story about the flashlight and the path to the chicken coop with Elder Tom Perry is so impactful for me.  I think that I have run through life with the flashlight bouncing at my hip. I need to pause and point my light more in front of those I love.)

"The Lord will magnify our attempts."

"We didn't come this far to come this far."

"The essence of God's work is to change the heart."

"We have front row seats to what ancient prophets only saw in vision."

"During times of darkness, the only solution is to "Hear Him."

"Our efforts to hear Him need to be more intentional."

"By actively participating in the Church, we are more prepared to manage personal trials and struggles."

"It is God's power, not men's, which accomplishes His work on earth."

"Lead a temple-worthy life."

"HEAR HIM!!"

Each of these and many more could be the topic of gospel discussion, study, or a talk.  I am happy to have a conversation about any of these with any of you.

Your list is probably totally different than mine.  That is the way it is and should be.  The moments of private communication are the most holy of life's experiences. A loving and personal Heavenly Father knows us, knows us,  and hears our prayers.

Until we meet again for the October General Conference!


No comments: