Sunday, April 12, 2020

Highlight of the week!

This week has had some sweet moments with the super pink moon, tulip bloomings, and the two surprise Easter egg hunts.

But one of the highlights was a Friday morning call from Scarlett.  My phone rang with the distinct sound of Facetime.  When I answered it, I first saw Scarlett's smiling face--grinning big as I said hello--then I saw Elessia's face and then Tosha's--I realized that Scarlett had pushed one of our group messages and called all of us at once.  Elessia found Liam and Tosha got Niki and I got to have a phone call with my three oldest grandchildren.  Liam was busy with a game so just did a short hello, but Niki and Scarlett and I had a great time. After we talked about no kindergarten and the "virus," Scarlett put on a game on the phone call and we all started playing away.  One of the games we played was "Ladybug Love" or something like that.  A lady bug flies into your part of the call and you are suppose to move your head around so that she doesn't kiss you.  Scarlett was going crazy and Niki was laughing so hard at her that I couldn't help myself from laughing hard as well.  Gary who was working downstairs came up to see what was happening--that is how loud we were!

Say what you want about technology, but on Friday, there was nothing sweeter than a phone call.

(I still don't know how to take pictures while on Facetime, so no cute photo of all of us on there together.  I will have to have one of my kids teach me how to do that.

No comments: