Sunday, April 12, 2020

Anticipation

One of my garden patches in back is filled with tulip bulbs.  I love tulips.  On Monday of this past week, I looked to see if there were any blooms......

...not yet---thus the title- "Anticipation"-- each day this week, I would look outside to see if any had bloom.  Somewhat like waiting for Christmas to come---
The dandelions, on the other hand, are in full bloom (since we didn't get the preemergent on).  Yellow dandelions still make me happy.  They remind me of childhood and childhood pleasures.  Who hasn't picked a bunch for their mom (or gotten some as a mom or grandmother) and who hasn't taken a dandelion gone to seed and blow them to the wind.
Finally on Friday the first blooms appeared!

There is something great about spring!

1 comment:

Gemie said...

You have a beautiful garden!!!