Sunday, March 29, 2020

Week Three???

On the whole social distancing process.  The virus continues to spread throughout the world and the US including Utah, although I haven't heard of anyone I know personally who has a confirmed case of the virus.  And despite the long list of things that I thought I would like to get done or could get done--not much has been accomplished this past week.

We talked to our grandchildren on Facetime.  They are all young enough to not be stressed by the virus part, just the staying away from friends part of social distancing.

This past week, other than walks in the neighborhood, I only made a drive to Jessica's work to pass off the diapers and wet wipes that Gary was able to find for them at Sam's Club.  Gary has designated himself as our "hunter and gatherer."  His thoughts are that if anyone gets sick, it should be him because I am better equipped to take care of him than the other way around.

I am trying to reach out to the sisters that I minister to on a regular basis and also random other friends daily.

We have started working by Webex and after a few different difficulties seems to be working smoothly for me.  It is different doing therapy over the internet and it is not my favorite, but it works in this current setting.

I wrote the following on Facebook (where I am spending way too much time reading and commenting):   "Gov. Cuomo (governor of New York which is currently a hot spot in the nation for the virus)  gave a very reasonable and appropriate discussion of the virus crisis. "This is not a sprint; it is a marathon. " and "look for the little silver linings. They are there." "After we get through this, we will be better for it."

Amen to all of that."

Russell M. Nelson Expected To Announce New Mormon Leadership ...
President Nelson, the prophet, called for a Worldwide Day of Fasting for today for strength, courage, and help in overcoming the challenges caused by the pandemic.  I saw a variety of repostings of this request on Facebook--many by members but also by other Christian faiths.  It is a privilege to fast for such a purpose.

One small task that has been waiting around for me to do was to order photos printed of the grandkids with their grandma quilts which we had taken last summer on my birthday.  Finally ordered these from Mixtiles.  I love them except they are a bit smaller than I would have preferred  (8" by 8" each).  Very easy to hang up.  And I love them in our family room!  And although I didn't plan it intentionally--the bright colors of the quilts match my house.


Image may contain: 8 people, indoor
Scarlett, Niki, Liam
Zander, James, Cooper
Carter, Alex, Ava

Hopefully I will get a few more things done this week in addition to working (which takes more time due to additional outreach, etc.)

And no more news on the mission front--the official word is that calls are still being made, but things might be a better slower than in the past.  A young sister in our stake got her call on Tuesday to West Virginia, starting on July 1st.  So I guess calls are still going out.  My original hope when our papers went in at the first part of March was that our call would come before Conference.  Now we are hoping for before the end of April.

All of the other things going in the world has served as a distraction from waiting for a mission call so that's one positive thing!  I would probably be driving Gary nuts if life was more "normal."  :) 

No comments: