Sunday, March 15, 2020

HAPPY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO US!

Taken from my post on Facebook:

Our anniversary this year was set on a Tuesday which is normally a day that I work from 1:00-9:15 pm.  Without telling Gary, I had blocked out my time from 6:00 on so that I could surprise him for an anniversary dinner.  Gary and I are not big celebrators or gift givers on our anniversary or Valentine's Day.  Over the years, going on a trip together sometime in the year was our default celebration/gifts to each other for both of these holidays. I thought having a dinner together would be a nice surprise.  But then the stake executive secretary reached out for an appointment for our mission interviews.  6:30 Tuesday turned out to be the only time that worked for the Stake President and for us that week.  I was very glad that six weeks ago, I had blocked that time off.

How will you spend your 42 anniversary! Gary and I had our interview with our stake president (the leader of the larger area in our Church) tonight and he will be submitting our missionary "papers" to serve a senior mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We are planning to leave in the fall, we have no say where we will serve although we did make some selections about types of mission and preferences, and we should hear in about 4-6 weeks. We are lucky because last week, we got an "exception" to take Jena with us. She will be called to serve a Church Service mission in the same area after we have received our call.
Let the guessing begin--one inside the states and one international! We will keep track and there may be an ice cream coupon for the closest!
Thanks to Rebecca Jensen for our missionary pictures!  (and I posted the photos which I have already included in the blog earlier.)

Our anniversary this year was set on a Tuesday which is normally a day that I work from 1:00-9:15 pm.  Without telling Gary, I had blocked out my time from 6:00 on so that I could surprise him for an anniversary dinner.  Gary and I are not big celebrators or gift givers on our anniversary or Valentine's Day.  Over the years, going on a trip together sometime in the year was our default celebration/gifts to each other for both of these holidays. I thought having a dinner together would be a nice surprise.  But then the stake executive secretary reached out for an appointment for our mission interviews.  6:30 Tuesday turned out to be the only time that worked for the Stake President and for us that week.  I was very glad that six weeks ago, I had blocked that time off. A small thing but one of the little miracles that have been happening.............

We did go out to eat afterwards at the Texas Roadhouse since we had a gift certificate for dinner there.


No comments: