Thursday, September 5, 2019

Side Trip

When Scott had first was looking at moving to Oro Valley, I checked google maps and figured out that it was about 1 1/2 hours from there to my sister's house.  How great is that?  So when we were planning our trip, I made arrangements to meet my sister for the day on Monday and as a bonus, meet up with my brother, Mike, who was also in town for the a visit.  The plan was to run up in the morning and then head home late that night.

Now I checked that map a few months ago, but I was sure I remembered the route so didn't recheck things as I headed out of town on Monday morning.  It was a gorgeous day and so quiet in a car by myself.  I love driving new roads which I hadn't traveled before and I was loving the whole drive.


There were cacti and wildflowers along the way of all different types.

The landscape was hilly with turns and vistas and valleys.

It was relaxing and perfect.....until I saw a sign for Globe 20 miles ahead.  Oops--missed a turn! Somehow I had totally misremembered the correct route and instead of taking 1 1/2 hours door to door, my little trip took about 3 hours.  Ugg!

But it didn't change the fact that it was relaxing, perfect, and a road I had never traveled before.  Mark that off the list and move on.  Still had great conversation with my sister and a fun lunch with her and my brother, Mike, at a taco place.  No photos--

Wrong turns are not a problem when you are traveling alone and no big deadlines loom.  And it is helpful that when you figure out you are lost, google maps is (mostly) there to help you get back on track.  Gary "caught" me on Zenley and called to ask me why I was in Globe--so he enjoyed a good laugh about that as well.  Gary can never claim life is boring with me!

No comments: