Sunday, October 28, 2018

The End of Our 3 Mini-Vacations

And we had ONE more early morning as we got up at 3:00 am to make it to the airport and catch our 6:00 am flight to Salt Lake!  Scott was good enough to pick us up at 7:40 when we arrived, but reminded us that he would love it if we arrived later next time we took flights.  I agree.  6:00 flights are not fun.

We arrived home to these sweet notes on the kitchen counter from Jena.  Love that girl.

It was good to be home and to enjoy conference with Jena and Ben and start the process of returning to real life.

Except for my shoulder......which didn't just get better because I was back to "real life."  In fact, it continued to get worse--both in pain and limited movement.  Gary finally insisted that we make another trip to an Instacare on Sunday.  So, after an exam and x-ray, I was put in a sling for a few days and given a muscle relaxant and pain medication with orders to not move it for two days and then gradually start moving it and getting it rechecked in a week.

Now this was not good news.  I had twin granddaughters which I had not even met yet and now I couldn't drive to see them or hold them.  I had the whole following week off to help Jessica as the twins were suppose to be born on October 9th and now I couldn't help or even meet them for a few more days.

The only bright side was that I did have the whole week off from work, but instead of helping Jessica, I slept and did very little.  It took about 2 weeks and some steroids but my shoulder is backed to almost normal although it aches when it is cold or I sleep on it too long.  Getting old is sometimes a pain.

And that is how our vacation ended!  It was a great vacation and will be a treasured part of my memory collection....not the shoulder part or the fact the twins were born without me...but all of the rest!!  We are so privileged to be able to travel and enjoy the diversity of the world we live in.  And people--their talents, passions, creativity--whether in designing amazing rides, shows, costumes or flying gorgeous balloons or working in an instacare---people are amazing!  Our lives are so enriched by others.

No comments: