Sunday, October 28, 2018

Conference Weekend

As we planned our trip, we realized that we would be in New Mexico on Conference Weekend. Not my preferred choice, but I made our flight on Sunday to be early enough that we could get home and watch the two Sunday sessions with the idea that we would watch the other sessions the rest of the day. That is the wonderful thing about access to these types of things that we could watch it all in one day.

However, sometimes, for me anyway, plans change.......

While I loved the Balloon Fiesta, I was struggling with a lot of pain in my shoulder.  The slight jerk in the airplane on Thursday night had continued to grow over Friday and in the cold of the morning, it was going crazy.  I started shivering and couldn't stop which made the whole shoulder thing even more painful (like I mentioned growing old problems.)  By 8:30 am, I knew I needed to get warm so we waited in line to catch the bus back to the car and then to the hotel (with a quick stop for Advil and a heating pad.)

We had tickets to the afternoon session of the balloon fiesta but decided that the cooler weather and my shoulder were not going to work.  Later, we discovered that because of the wind, the balloons were unable to fly most of the afternoon session and some of the events were cancelled, so I was glad that we didn't try to go.

So, instead,  we spent Saturday in our hotel, watching Conference--taking naps--watching conference--reading books--watching the General Women's Session(while Gary grabbed a pizza for dinner)--and it was perfect.  No interruptions, no laundry to do, no meals to cook....

How lucky we are to live in a time where we can watch conference in so many ways all over the world.  How lucky to be able to listen to a prophet teach us about Home-centered/Church-supported gospel living....and a two-hour block of Church on Sunday.  I am so thankful for a prophet to guide us in these latter-days!

No comments: