Friday, October 26, 2018

Friday---Rest and More Rest

.(From last post's cliff hanger 'We slept until about noon and it felt so good to rest.....' )

....except that I had developed a rash on both of my legs while in Florida, and it was spreading and burning.  I started to worry if I was contagious (with two premee grandchildren at home, you worry about this stuff.)  By mid-day, we decided to stop at a insta-care clinic and have the rash checked out.  They ruled it as allergic and gave me a prescription which immediately relieved the burning (and cleared it up in a few days.)  Not the way that you want to spend your vacation or $200 but I appreciated the relief from the burning.  (I did take a picture of my legs to show my kids, but I didn't think posterity want to see it so I have sparred you all that photo.)

We grabbed some groceries and then headed out to the famous Sandia Tram....along with hundreds of other people, undoubtedly in town for the same reason we were.  The line to get tickets alone was about a 1 1/2 hour wait and then the wait for your turn.  We decided to pass, but enjoyed the view and the cactus before heading back to our hotel.






view of northern Albuquerque and the line for tickets

We read books, watched TV, and headed to bed early....with our alarms set for a 3:30 am wake-up call.  We didn't want to miss the opening of the Balloon Fiesta.  Of course, not early enough to get 8 hours of sleep, but before midnight!

Great decision to not try to fit a train ride in today.  I will remember that we aren't as young as we were once when I plan our next trip.

No comments: