Sunday, July 16, 2017

Holidays and family fun.....

Well, I did it.  I actually turned 62 years old on July 1st.  Of course that was the plan all along, but it became more significant when I decided to go to graduate school.  I thought about how I would be 62 years OLD when I finished school and it seemed old (I was 58 at the time).  I wondered if I was really too old to start something like graduate school.  Then I decided---either way, I will turn 62--with or without graduate school so I decided to go for it.  I have shared how much I have loved it and the great experiences that I have had and will continue to have because of it.  So I was happy to turn 62 and be 6 weeks from finishing graduate school.  I feel so lucky and so blessed for that decision and all of the support I have gotten from Gary and my family.....

Gary surprised me with Marie Callendars pie and ice cream for my birthday--
 Jena sang me a song......
My visiting teacher, Kari Hatch, gave me this book---I can't wait to read it but it will be waiting until after graduate school, the quilts, and some housecleaning, I suppose.....
 On July 4th, we had Mike and Andi here, Jessica and family, and my niece Anna and of course, what do you do when you gather that many Giberson family members in one spot---you play games!!!
And early sparklers so that Liam and Zander could get home in time for bedtime.

Zander likes his grandma......
Watching fireworks in our neighborhood........
 Liam didn't want to leave his grandpa and the fireworks.

We missed Scott and family who had plans with friends for the holiday.  I had hesitated planning any thing because I felt like I had so much homework and studying to do, but the day was perfect and just what I needed.  I need to remind myself sometimes that getting away or doing something fun is as important as getting "tasks done".

No comments: