Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Children as parents.....

My mom once told me that one of the great pleasures of being a grandparent is watching your children parent their children.  I agree.  I love watching Jessica, Scott and Tosha interact with their little ones............

Jessica:

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting
This is with Liam. I have loved this picture,
because of the delight on their faces
with each other.
Scott:

Scott and James
I asked Scott if I was going to get daily texts about how much
his love was growing every day like I did with Scarlett--
He doesn't think so as life is much busier than back then.
He knows now what he didn't know then--how much you love
these little people who come into your family.
 Tosha:
Tosha and Niki
So grateful for days I get these types of pictures on my phone.
I facetimed with them a few days ago.
Niki is growing up so fast.
I know for them like all of us who are parents that life isn't always these types of moments.  There is a lot of poop and crying and frustrations.  There are days with no sleep, sick days, and busy days. But my sweet children, remember these little moments too.  They can help you on the hard days.

And know---all that you feel for your little ones, I feel for you, multiplied by the years that I have been your mom.  Because no matter how much you love them now, it only grows from here...and someday you will be the grandparent and know what I know and take delight in watching these little ones parent children of their own.

No comments: