Sunday, February 5, 2017

Beautiful day in Utah County

This was the weekend my brother was in town, mostly to spend some time with his daughter, Anna, who is a senior at BYU.  He had always wanted to come up and spend time with her and enjoy BYU with her and time is running out (unless of course she stays for graduate school in the future).  Luckily I was able to find some time to share with them. (Gary and Jena had to stay in Syracuse for bowling.) 

It started at the Payson LDS Temple where we met to attend a session together.  I got there a few minutes early and walked around.  It was a perfect day with blue skies and clear air.  We have been enjoying some rain this week which cleaned up the inversion for while.  I had never been to the Payson Temple before and it was gorgeous--inside and out.  There was lots of original art inside and the look of the furniture was just a bit different than you often see.  It was a very sweet experience to be there and it was sweeter to share it with Anna and Rick.






view to the west


fountains on the east side of the temple

view of the mountains to the east of the temple







the puffy clouds over the west side of the valley
this is the west side of the temple
Sun peaking over the eastern mountains

 Anna has some great "selfie" skills and took this one of the three of us after the session.


We then headed to downtown Provo and had lunch at the Station 22 on Center Street.  I had a BBQ pork sandwich and tomato soup which was excellent.  Anna and Rick had chicken and waffles. Seriously, I have mocked this whole "chicken and waffle" thing.  It just doesn't sound like they belong together.  However after seeing their meals and hearing how great they were, I think we are heading back there and giving them a try.

Downtown Provo
The three of us then headed to visit Ben.  Rick and Anna were the first visitors Ben has been able to have other than Gary , Jena and I since July.  Ben was a bit quiet, but he was glad to have visitors.  He has been fighting a cold most of the week.  He invited Anna to try to get a visitor pass and come and visit on the unit.  I guess BYU students can become volunteers and actually hang out on the unit to provide some social interactions, so she is checking into it.  We played some rounds of Uno and ate M&Ms.

It was a short visit but so nice.  Did I mention how fun it is to see my siblings?  Two down and my sister Valerie is coming this week.


2 comments:

The Neerings Family said...

So gorgeous! When was it built? I feel like it was one we could see being built (far) from the highway while we were driving to Grandpa's 80th in summer of 2013, would that be right?

Judy said...

I think so. It is easy to see it from the freeway and i think it has been open for a couple of years which means construction was happening in 2013. It reminds me of the Gilbert Temple.