Sunday, September 11, 2016

2016 UDSF Statewide Buddy Walk

We were up at 5:15 a.m. to get ready and head out to West Jordan Veteran's Memorial Park by 6:30 to begin setting up for the event and then we were just off running ---Gary and Jena along with a couple of other volunteers helped do rocket launching all morning long.  I helped with the t-shirts and volunteers, the walk and the lunch.  At around 8:35 a.m. my phone pinged indicating I had got my required steps for the day.  I didn't check what the final total was by 2:30 when we left the park or later after unpacking our car and trailer and getting things put away.

We didn't even get a chance to do the walk because of being all over the place helping other things get done.  It was a gorgeous day for an outdoor event with bright blue skies and temps in the 75-83 degree range. We had about 1000 people.

Here are few pictures:









Last year Jena had helped Jessica, Elessia, Jolynn and I with the t-shirts.  However as soon as I started talking about the Buddy Walk, she was firm that she was helping with the rockets and she did a great job.  She is a hard worker.  It was a great event.

Glad to have that done.  I really didn't do much except serve on the committee and handle some assignments but I still was exhausted by the time everything was done. Thanks to Steve, Liz, and all of our volunteers who helped.

Now to our Conference on October 8, another big event and this time I am in charge of it!  After that I will truly scale back my involvement as I will be into the serious work of my internship by then and school and that have to be my focus for the next 9 months.

No comments: