Monday, July 25, 2016

Weekend visitors and a miracle!!!

Tana, Valerie with Lance hiding behind, Linda, and Thad
Linda, Thad,Karla, Dad, and Tana
We have a fun weekend with two quick visits from Valerie and Lance and Linda, Thad, and Tana Gibersons (part of Rick's family).

They arrived on Friday night so we were able to have Scott, Chantel, and Scarlett and Jessica and Liam come up for a BBQ. (Elessia had to work.)  Linda told Rick that she was ready for some grandchildren (because my grandchildren are so cute and fun!).  We will share any time.

Saturday we spent the day at my dad's where these pictures were taken after we left for a wedding reception in Lindon, Utah for Rebekah Siebach (a daughter of our friends from Hong Kong).  We played some games he is developing.  Karla, Valerie and I played "Career Crisis" and Gary, Thad, Linda and Dad played "Zone-It".  Watch them on your toy store shelves someday.

Our miracle was related to an accident Lance had while fixing his brakes in our garage.  It involved the car falling on his leg, calling 911 and heading to the emergency room by ambulance, but in the end he only needed about 16 stitches which is amazing.  It is his story to tell but I wanted to note it here as part of the visit.  And Gary has been asked to retell it a few times since then. Our neighbor had Gary retell the story in High Priests where all of the car guys were amazed.  Some of them have seen or be involved in similar situations with much more damage.  We know we were all blessed although I am sure that Lance is in a lot of pain while it heals. They are up to attend a Family History Conference at BYU so I hope that he feels well enough to do that.

I appreciate my family making the extra effort to spend time with us during their vacations.  Now I am waiting for my brother, Mike, to arrive tomorrow for the night.  He is traveling by car to Montana for a conference and is making a stop here.  I can't wait to see him.

No comments: