Sunday, July 17, 2016

God's Fingerprint

A high school friend of mine posted a picture she had taken (she is a professional photographer) of star tracks and she called it "The Fingerprint of God".  As you looked at the traces of the the stars (due to earth's movement) you could see the outline of a type of fingerprint.  I loved the idea of it.  It reminds me of the book called "God's Signature" which also talks about seeing God in the world around you.  Isn't nature great for that!

There is the walnut tree at Gary's mom's house.  It is a beautiful shaped tree and I love the look of the leaves and the green walnuts.....


I plant perennial flowers because I love how they come back every year to share their beauty. This is my sunflower patch from our deck.  I am sure I post a picture every year.

And within my sunflower patch is a small pink hollyhocks.  Hollyhocks are some of my most favorite flowers but I have had a hard time getting them to stay year after year.  I haven't seen this color for a couple of years but here it is growing in the sunflowers.
The light pink hollyhocks have done awesome the past few years and this year is the best ever.  I found a spot that they like in my yard.


I love roses, too, and for the first time in many years I have several blossoms on my peace rose. Usually I only get one or two at a time.  (I just noticed today that there are about 6 roses on the bush now.  I have never seen that with this bush ever. I guess I need a bit more peace this year.)
My red rose bush is always filled with blossoms.
My view from my kitchen window where I have almost a wall of sunflowers this year.  The birds and bees love the sunflowers and I could stand and watch them for hours if I had time.
All around me, the handiwork and hands of God--how lucky are we!

No comments: