Sunday, June 5, 2016

Whirl-wind Wednesday and so forth

Jessica had some tests up at University Hospital so I met them there and got Liam to spend a couple hours at Liberty Park.  It was a beautiful day and we had a fun time being together....with three school bus loads of children, several pre-school and community groups of more kids and then the rest of the small family groups like us trying to enjoy the park on a June day.  It was actually crazy there and very loud.  But we found fun things to do anyway.



We even take a selfie to send to Jessica and Elessia
I then headed back to the hospital to drop him off and then headed down to the central part of Salt Lake to the Intermountain Medical Center.  There I met some of my class mates to attend a SART meeting for Salt Lake County (Sexual Assault Response Team) and then we did interviews afterwards for a class project we are doing.  It was so great to talk about people so passionate about reducing sexual violence in our communities and to providing appropriate support and control to victims.

I experienced a funny moment as I walked out with 3 of my class mates.  They are all young moms and in their late twenties or early thirties. We were talking about the passion of the people in the meeting to do good.  One of them commented, "Don't you wish that you didn't have to work and worry about money.  Then you could spend your time serving the community in any way you wanted."  We all nodded our heads and agreed--then I said, "Wait, that is what I did with my life so far."  How lucky I have been in my life to have the support (Gary), the freedom (Gary), and the financial stability (Gary) to be able to serve in some amazing ways over my life.  And I know that the next 20-30 years will also have some unique experiences.  Life is an adventure!

Rushed home so I could meet with my visiting teachers (I know--the first day of the month.  However we have a standard appointment for the first Wednesday and when she texted to ask me what I wanted to do, I realized that the rest of the Wednesdays were crazy so we did it anyway.)

Had hot dogs for dinner because that is what you do on a Whirl-wind Wednesday, then we headed down to Woods Cross to drop off Jena at Wonderworld and then Ben and I went to Kaysville for a meeting...

then home again home again jiggety-jig!

And Thursday was more of the same as I made two trips to Salt Lake--one for Jena's orthodontist appointment at Primary's and then took her home and then I left for a meeting in Salt Lake for the Utah Down Syndrome Foundation.

Friday, I was happy to stay home ALL day and work in the yard.

No comments: